It is said to be the jewel of NSW; Sapphire Coast is an idyllic stretch of coastline that is very popular with local and foreign tourists alike and if you are planning to spend a few weeks in this gorgeous part of Australia, here are a few activities to add to your holiday schedule.
- Self-guided e-bike tour of the Narooma to Dalmeny coastal trail – This is one tour you simply must experience; providing you are fit and able, you can enjoy the challenging trail with some of the best views in Australia. At just over A$120 per person, this package includes a free drink at one of the pubs along the way, and, of course, the use of an e-bike throughout the 4-hour tour.
- Merimbula fishing charter – Some of the best fishing boats along the Sapphire Coast depart from Merimbula and whether a half or full-day’s angling, you are going to catch a lot when you book one of the fishing charters in Merimbula that offer all-inclusive fishing trips for beginners and advanced anglers. If you fancy a shot at Marlin or Blue Tuna fishing, there are deep-sea fishing vessels that are fully equipped to help you land a monster fish!
- Tandem skydiving at Bateman Bay – Why not book a thrilling 15,000ft skydive and enjoy the freefall experience for more than 1 minute? The parachute instructor connects you up in the plane and when the doors open, it is time to jump! If you are travelling in a small group, the costs can be shared, which would end up at around A$200 per person; of course, you have to sign a disclaimer and be of sound physical health.
- Whale watching – You may never get another chance to see the majestic Humpback Whale in its natural environment; if you are at the Sapphire Coast during the months of May, June, September or October, this is the perfect time to observe these amazing creatures as they head to and from their feeding grounds in the Antarctic. The whale watching skippers are very confident that they can find the Whales, so you won’t be disappointed.
- Tiny Zoo, Tathra NSW – If you would like to see a diverse range of local wildlife, check out Tiny Zoo. They have stunning gardens where you can enjoy a picnic lunch after visiting the many enclosures.
The Internet hosts a wealth of information on places to see and things to do at Sapphire Coast and you can book online and get ready for an amazing holiday in the sun.